At Crossbeam, we believe the future belongs to those who embrace the partner ecosystem. It’s not just a thing we say, it’s a thing we do.
Today, we’re proud to announce a trinity of new features that will evolve Crossbeam from a simple application into a first-of-its-kind ecosystem.
Today’s releases are:
- A complete and flexible Salesforce Push integration that allows our customers to sync their Crossbeam results into custom objects in Salesforce.
- Full support for Snowflake Data Marketplace, which allows Crossbeam customers to push Crossbeam results into their Snowflake data warehouses.
- Developer APIs that allow third parties to integrate with our core platform and use data and insights from Crossbeam to power their applications.
These releases reinforce our core vision of Crossbeam as a system of record for partner data. We don’t just power the secure exchange of data between partners — we also route the results to the systems where you and your teammates need them most.
The result is the world’s first Partner Cloud.
If you’re interested in integrating with Crossbeam, you can learn more on our Partners page. For Crossbeam users, read on to learn more about each release and the value that it unlocks.
Salesforce Custom Object
Our Salesforce Push integration pushes Crossbeam results directly into a custom object in your Salesforce CRM and automatically keeps that data up to date over time.
Crossbeam Overlap Custom Object in Salesforce
With this data physically stored in Salesforce, you can incorporate knowledge from Crossbeam into the sales motions and workflows that power your entire revenue organization.
For example, you can use Salesforce Process Builder to kick off specific actions whenever new Crossbeam overlaps are uncovered:
- Create visibility into partner influence by storing partner attribution fields on an opportunity when partner overlaps exist.
- Post to Chatter any time a deal closes where partner overlaps may have played a role in the win.
- Assign a task to request a partner introduction when one of your existing leads enters a partner’s customer base.
- Assign a sales rep or SDR when an unassigned account is revealed to have a relationship with one of your key partners.
Next, you can use the Salesforce Report Builder to incorporate partner data into your existing reporting:
- Measure Partner ROI by segmenting your closed-won deals by how they overlap with partners in your ecosystem.
- Segment your sales pipeline by partner relationships to identify your most valuable partners and introduction paths.
- Create winback target lists by filtering closed-lost deals against partner customers and opportunities.
Salesforce report with Crossbeam Objects incorporated
How you use this data is as flexible as Salesforce itself.
Think we’re done? Not just yet. With the data in Salesforce reports, you can then incorporate it into the Salesforce Dashboards to help your team identify trends, sort out quantities, and measure the impact of their activities:
- Summarize and track the total value of your partner influenced opps
- See how many wins can be attributed to your ecosystem, broken down by partnership
- Highlight the sellers who are using your partner ecosystem to drive the most deals
Oh, and one more thing: Because the data lives natively in Salesforce, other SaaS applications that rely on Salesforce data (like marketing automation and sales engagement tools) can also use the data within their Salesforce Apps. This unlocks a limitless universe of applications spanning every category in the AppExchange.
Snowflake Data Marketplace
In the last 10 years, we’ve watched cloud data warehouses fundamentally change the way data is moved, organized, and consumed. The rise of these platforms, including industry powerhouse Snowflake, has completely disrupted billion-dollar categories like Business Intelligence and Data Integration. Believe me, I would know.
So what does this have to do with partnerships? Everything.
Partnerships aren’t meant to be siloed to a small team — they exist to be force multipliers that impact an organization horizontally, from sales to marketing to product and beyond. In 2021, the most important system of record that transcends those teams and powers company-wide systems and insights is the data warehouse. If partner data isn’t there, partner data doesn’t matter. So, we put it there.
Crossbeam in The Snowflake Data Marketplace
With Crossbeam on the Snowflake Data Marketplace, users can sync up-to-date data on partner overlaps directly into their Snowflake data warehouse. This data can then be infused into any workflow or application that relies on this data, such as:
- Build sales dashboards in your Business Intelligence tool that allow sales reps to quickly identify which partners could make intros or provide support for their active deals.
- Add partner attribution to your company-wide attribution models to see how partner influence stacks up against other marketing and sales channels when it comes to touching and influencing deals.
- Create transparency by building partner dashboards for your partner and revenue teams to understand progress, opportunities, and targets related to your ecosystem.
- Get on the C-Suite’s radar by incorporating partner data into company-wide reporting and OKRs.
There is a boundless ecosystem of solutions that pull data from Snowflake. With Crossbeam in the mix, those tools will be more powerful and robust than ever.
I can’t wait for our next hackathon. The Crossbeam Developer API now allows third-party developers to incorporate Crossbeam data and insights into their applications. Whether you’re a Crossbeam user building an internal app or a global SaaS brand looking to enhance your offering, our API is ready for you.
Crossbeam API Documentation
Using a secure OAuth 2.0 workflow, authorized Crossbeam users can allow third-party products to pull in their Crossbeam data and use it inside their applications.
Are you a PRM platform looking to add Account Mapping functionality to your solution? A sales enablement solution looking to break into the Partner Manager user persona? An Account Based Marketing tool looking to add new dimensions of data on which to personalize communication? We’ve got you covered.
Here are just a few of the integration areas that are underway and we expect to release in the coming quarters:
- Partner Relationship Management (PRM)
- Marketing Automation
- Sales Automation
- Data Enrichment
- Account Based Marketing
- Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing and ETL
Where We Go From Here
“A platform is when the economic value of everybody that uses it, exceeds the value of the company that creates it. Then it's a platform.”
-Bill Gates, May 23, 2018 (h/t Stratechery)
We believe that our customers, our partners, and our communities will all see a rising tide this decade as we enter the Era of the Ecosystem. With these releases, we hope to create a more connected fabric of tools that can create more value together than we ever could on our own. Now, the building begins.
Let’s invest and build together. Want to join us in making partnerships a first-class citizen when it comes to how modern companies grow? Let’s talk.